Friday, February 11, 2011

Hello My Friends

Hello. Although we are not formaly acquainted, you may call me Sarah, Sarah Siddons. Throughout my career, I was known as a british tragedienne actress, however, I was born in Brecon, or Brecknockshire, Wales on July 5, 1755. From the moment I was born I just knew my destiny was in the theatre buisness. It was in my blood! For my father, Roger Kemble, was an actor-manager who had his own traveling company.
My most famous role was in Shakespeare's Macbeth as the one and only, Lady Macbeth. But my first successful role was playing Belvidera in Thomas Otway's performance of Venic Preserved. And it was a WONDERFUL performance! I do hate that you missed it.
In 1773, at the age of eighteen, I married one of my fellow actors; William Siddons. Even though we did have seven children together, neither of us was not, exactly how you americans would say.. in love? Which we resolved quite easily in an informal separation.
Even though I would love to stay and chat I am afraid I am being beckonded to, yet another, rehersal.
Good Bye, Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment